Snooker's BMW G650 XCountry Page
A List of Mods, Accessories, Photos and Links - also see AdvRider.com
My bike is an '07 and looks like this:
Snooker's Spot (last few weeks only) ~~~ OR better is: ~~~
SpotWalla Snooker ~~~ also: Older Spotwalla:
BMW XCountry LINKS! <<-- A gigantic list of links to parts, accessories, vendors, reviews, mods by other AdvRider.com inmates!
Bike Mods: (most are my own unless credit to another is shown)
- Leo Vince exhaust muffler
- Wilbers 642 shock to replace OEM shock
- Sportech windshield
- Fender support mod - fix for FARFS! ...or... (Floppy-Ass Rear Fender Syndrome)
- Rear Auxiliary Brake LED light, and LED license plate bolts
- Skid plate, engine guard, oil plug, case saver, fender extender, radiator crash bar, highway footpegs
- Barkbusters handguards, gel grips, mirrors, paint tank panels black
- Use KTM axle cap nuts, a common 27mm wrench size - also stainless wheel spacers
- Modified kickstand and disabled side safety switch
- Rekluse "auto" clutch
- Bags! Tank, tail, saddle and number plate day bags
- Install a bendy steel gear shift lever. Important!
- ToolTube for fuel bottle
- Front Forks mod
- Hi-tech LiFePO4 battery mod
- Aux LED Lights mod
- Airbox improvements: Foam filter & prefilter; and cut corner off to allow for electrical cable clearance
- LED headlight replacement
- Waterproof coating the dashboard electronics [AdvRider Dutchgit]
- My broken swingarm which occurred on the LA Barstow to Vegas dual sport ride, an AMA District 37 annual ride.
- Replace clutch side cover with improved '09 cover. New cover has steel insert in throwout hole to improve clutch disengagement.
- Valve clearance check, and adjustment if necessary. Regular maintenance procedure.
- Weeping water pump requiring shaft replacement. Links: Advrider Dutchgit post 10319 says don't worry too much about a weep, and next post shows diagram. The shaft itself is what needs replacing but you must remove the swingarm to do so! Bli55 has pics of leak. Repair instructions from tbarstow post 9742 and
Read Sh4ft about parts and advice, starting with post 8492, with a reference to the UKGSer forum.
Diagram explaining when it is NOT a weep problem. Bleed air out of radiator and hoses at bleed screw here. Advice on what coolant to use.
- Faulty soldered connections at ignition key switch
- Fuel pump replacement and 4th pin in connector pulls out problem: Links: Advrider jjmead1 replaced pump but 4th connector pin pulled out and leaked gas. Zac Cutler had similar pin pull out. Read followup through posts 11085, 11094 and the next few (including link toNHTSA campaign 07V376000 Wiring Set for Fuel Pump Unit),
11118 cheap fuel pump highflowfuel.com, also see 11127, 11144, and 11165 Zac Cutler answers to my questions. Also this Fuel pump from eBay
- Radiator overheating problem: Links: Advrider jjmead1 issue here. Some posts with diagnostic attempts starting here, then finally solved here.
- Reset throttle positioning sensor:
- Cold stalling and cleaning idle actuator:
- Swingarm removal and servicing:
More Bike Pics and Ride Reports:
Posted here by request from other XCountry riders:
- Random Pics of Bike, some of Moab, Telluride, etc
- LA Barstow to Vegas - AMA Dual Sport Ride - Nov. 2010
- Baja trip report, pics, map, GPX tracks - Feb. 2012
- Utah Canyonlands ADV 500 mile offroad ride report, pics, video, map, GPX tracks - May 2013
- Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route - Aug 2013. I joined this awesome family on their vacation/ride for only the last 2 days. Here is a map of my GPS spot tracks on the Steamboat Springs section.
- Copper Canyon (Mexico) trip planning info (RR and maps) March 2017: See my ADV post for: my favorite RR, OSM map (look for Mexico for download URL), Copper tracks on an overlay map, and general info. These are not mine but helped me.